Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Importance of Practice



Hey everyone! I auditioned for a play in October and I now have practices from 6-8:30 on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights. These pictures are of me and some of my closest theater friends! In a play, you have different people who each have their own part. Each person has to study and work hard to memorize their dance or lines. We can't play someone else's part for them. Committing to the play means that I have to put a lot of time and effort into learning my parts and attending the practices. This means that sometimes I have to say no to other fun activities because I have promised to do my part. I have to learn how the director wants me to walk, talk, dress, and interact with others. We as a christian have our own role as well, we can't be a Christian for someone else. God's Word is our script. It tells us how to walk, talk, dress, and how to interact with others. When it comes to the play, I don't just look at my songs and lines at practice, I have to spend time each day reviewing them at home. As a Christian, I don't just read my Bible when I'm at church or in class, I have to read it each day at home as well. The more I read my script, the better I know it. Likewise, the more I read and study my Bible, the better I will be able to teach others about it. In the play, I have a costume. This means that I have make-up, clothes, and characteristics of another person. A good actor can fool others into thinking they are someone they aren't. We can't fool God. We may act one way around our church friends and have them fooled into thinking that we are a good Christian, but God knows who we really are and how we really act. In my Christian life, some of my friends may plan things on Sunday or Wednesday nights and I have to say no because I have committed to going to church when I was baptized. When I audition, I always put on my conflict sheet that I am not available on Sundays or Wednesdays. This shows that I will not consider any other activity above God. Plays will always take up a lot of my time, but I will not let them take God's place!!(:

--COURTNEY--

No comments:

Post a Comment